Product Safety Information
At MendMeShop, we are committed to providing you with a safe and natural healing experience. Your safety is important to us, and we take every step to ensure our therapeutic devices are manufactured with the highest quality materials and always meet or exceed compliance standards.
Our knowledgeable customer advisors will be able to educate you with the right information about your chronic pain or injury and ensure you only purchase the product(s) you need. We are dedicated to helping you heal safely, and always recommend that you discuss treatment options with your doctor before beginning any new therapy program.
Some restrictions, precautions and contraindications should be recognized before using any therapeutic device. Please refer to the MendMeShop product safety information below before using our products.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our customer advisors at:
- 1-866-237-9608 (toll-free)
These cautionary notes are not intended to replace a health care professional’s advice. Should any negative reaction occur, discontinue use and contact your health care professional.
MendMeShop Ultrasound Safety Information
To minimize the risk of injury, burns, electrical shock, and/or fire, this product must be used in accordance with the following instructions:
- Keep out of reach of children, and do not use on anyone under the age of 16 without express approval from a physician/pediatrician.
- Never use without first applying ultrasound conductive gel.
- Never leave unit plugged in while not in use, or unattended while in operation.
- Keep unit clean to prevent cross-infection.
- Do not use in combination with other electronic equipment.
- Do not use when under the influence of alcohol, drugs or mind altering medication, or when suffering from extreme fatigue.
- Do not submerge the unit in water or other liquid. If unit gets wet, place it in a dry area to dry out for at least 24 hours before attempting to use again.
- Consult your doctor or therapist before using this ultrasound device.
MendMeShop highly recommends that you consult a physician before using this ultrasound device. Use of this device is not recommended for use:
- on patients with hemophilia, abnormal blood pressure, spina bifida, surgical laminectomies of the spine, malignancies, or infectious diseases
- over infected tissue or bone
- on areas that are not within a normal body temperature range (i.e. recently iced or heated areas)
- over open sores, lesions, or sunburned skin
- over implants of any sort including plastic, silicon, cement or metal (including metal mesh)
- over the skull area or face
- over areas suspected to be cancerous or pre-cancerous
- over mucous membranes (mouth, nose, rectum, anus, vagina)
- over numb areas of the skin
- on patients with electronic implants such as pacemakers
- over the midsection area of pregnant females (including lower back, abdomen, groin and lumbar area) or females suspected of being pregnant
- directly over organs including sex organs, thyroid (upper front of neck), liver, stomach, lungs, spleen, bowels, kidneys, heart
- for use anywhere above the neck (this includes over areas such as the eyes, ears and temples)
- over areas injected with medication or a steroid (i.e. cortisone) within the last 30 days
If you are unable to use ultrasound due to any of the contraindications listed above, using an Inferno Wrap™ for Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy™ can achieve similar treatment results.
Lavender Infusion Ultrasound Gel Safety Information
- Gel is intended for external use only. Do not ingest.
- Gel contains natural anti-inflammatory ingredients that may react to sensitive skin. If irritation occurs, discontinue use, call our customer service department, and talk to your doctor.
Inferno Wrap™ Safety Information
To reduce the risk of injury, burns, electrical shock, and/or fire, this product must be used in accordance with the following instructions:
- Take care to avoid dehydration from overuse when using your Inferno Wrap.
- Do not plug device in and leave unattended.
- This device is not meant for use nor should be accessible to children or infants.
- Do not use during sleep.
- This wrap is not to be used on a person with poor blood circulation unless monitored carefully.
- Regularly check your skin under the wrap for redness or reaction.
- The Inferno Wrap™ should never be used near water (nor submersed in water) or any other liquid when plugged in.
- Remove Energy Web™ before washing.
- If you pull your wrap by the power cord it may damage the unit.
- Wait 45 minutes after an Inferno treatment before beginning an ultrasound or cold compression treatment, thereby allowing the body to return to normal body temperature.
- Do not attempt to diagnose or self-treat any disease or condition without direct supervision or advice of a physician.
Metal pins, rods, artificial joints, or any other surgical implants generally are not heated by the Inferno Wrap™ system. Nevertheless, a person should consult his or her surgeon before receiving such therapy. Certainly discontinue use if a person experiences pain near any implants.
Silicone will absorb energy emitted by the Energy Web™. Implanted silicone or silicone prostheses may be warmed by the treatment. As silicone melts at over 200 degrees Celsius, it should not be adversely affected by the Inferno Wrap™ system; however, it is still advised that a person checks with his or her physician/surgeon to be certain.
Malignancy (Cancer or other Malignant conditions):
Do not use the Inferno Wrap™ without express approval by your physician.
- Pregnancy: If you are pregnant or suspicious that you are pregnant, discontinuation of the Inferno Wrap™ is recommended.
- Haemorrhage: Haemophiliacs and anyone predisposed to haemorrhage should avoid usage of this product or any other type of heating that would create vasodilation, potentially leading to a tendency to bleed.
- Pain: Pain should not be experienced when using the Inferno Wrap™. If pain is experienced, discontinue use of the product.
Cold Compression Wrap Safety Information
- Do not keep the wrap on longer than 20 minutes as skin irritation may occur. If treating an area with limited skin, fat, or muscle, decrease treatment time to 10 minutes.
- Do not use the wrap if you suffer from Raynaud’s, diabetes, sensitivity to cold, or any medical condition with reduced blood flow to the arms or legs.
- Wait 60 – 90 minutes after a cold therapy treatment before beginning an ultrasound or Inferno Wrap™/Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy™ treatment.
- Do not use while sleeping or unconscious.
- If abnormal pain, swelling or unusual reactions are experienced while using this product, remove it, discontinue use and seek advice from your medical professional.
Hot & Cold Compression Wrap Safety Information
Cold Compression Wrap Application
- Do not keep the cold wrap on longer than 20 minutes as skin irritation may occur. If treating an area with limited skin, fat or muscle decrease time to 10 minutes.
- Do not use the wrap if you suffer from Raynaud’s, diabetes, sensitivity to cold or any medical condition with reduced blood flow to the arms or legs.
- Wait 60 – 90 minutes after a cold therapy treatment before beginning an ultrasound or Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy™ treatment, thereby allowing the body to return to normal body temperature.
- Do not sleep with ice pack on.
- If abnormal pain, swelling or unusual reactions are experienced while using this product, remove and discontinue use and seek advice from your medical professional.
Hot Compression Wrap Application
- Overheating packs may cause expansion and reduce the effectiveness of the pack.
- After heating the pack, always check the temperature before placing it on the body.
- If abnormal pain, swelling or unusual reactions are experienced while using this product, remove the wrap, discontinue use, and seek advice from your medical professional.
MendMeShop Night Splint Safety Information
- Do not overextend the fascia when adjusting the splint. Set angle carefully to allow for a comfortable stretch.
- Do not walk or attempt to place weight on the foot while using the Dorsal Night Splint.
- Do not walk or attempt to place weight on the foot while using the Night Splint with Tread without approval from your physician.
- Do not use outdoors, or on slippery or uneven surfaces.
Use of this device is not recommended on patients who have:
- plantar flexion contracture greater than 10 degrees
- uncontrollable, severe plantar flexion spasticity
Remember: Consult your medical professional before beginning any treatments, to be sure that the product is right for you and your condition.
Do you have more questions?
If you have any questions regarding back pain, treatment or our therapeutic products please contact a MendMeShop Advisor for assistance. You can be assured all your questions will be answered in a thorough and courteous manner by our trained staff.
Within Continental US and Canada call toll free 1-866-237-9608
International Callers 705-445-3505
Email us at email@example.com.
We strive to answer all emails within 24 hours. Often you will receive your response sooner.
Our Office Hours
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 8:00pm (Eastern Standard Time)
Saturday and Sunday 11:00am to 6:00pm (Eastern Standard Time)